School Council and Pupil Leadership Team
The Alderbrook School Council
At Alderbrook Primary School pupil voice is led through our very active school council.
At the start of every academic year, the pupils from years 1 to 6 have an opportunity to run for school council in our official elections. Every candidate prepares their manifesto and these are presented blind to their class mates. Election Day is taken very seriously and all pupils are asked to cast their votes at the polling booths. They are required to elect two children from their class who they want to represent them throughout the year.
Once the votes have been counted and announced the real school council work begins. Our school councillors meet every two weeks to discuss matters of school business. Meetings are held during lunch times and last around twenty minutes. During the meetings important issues are discussed such as deciding on the yearly charity, organising events, agreeing and writing policies etc. One member of the council will make notes and then all representatives will have time, during the following week, to feedback the information to their class. There are often times when the representatives need to collect votes and opinions from the class to help them make decisions.
School Council Representatives
|(Y1) Tooting Broadway
|Adam and Minhaj
|(Y1) Tooting Bec
|Aymen and Munawar
|(Y2) Clapham South
|Gracie and Abdullah
|(Y3) Clapham Common
|Eloise and Oliver
|(Y3) Clapham North
|Robert and Heywood
|Emilia and Roxanne
Autumn and Annie
|Amelia M and Oliver
The Alderbrook School Pupil Leadership Team
The Alderbrook Pupil Leadership Team is made up of two Head pupils and two Deputy Head pupils:
Head Pupils: Bella and Ludo
Deputy Head Pupils: Corina and Yasmine
The pupil leadership team do the following:
- Represent the school when required
- Work with staff and the school council to facilitate running of events
- Act as a positive role model
- Meet with Miss Tremblin to inform her of any suggestions to make the school an even better place
Our Pupil Leadership Team have the following skills:
- They are a good school leader
- They have good relationships with pupils of all ages and are able to encourage them
- They are a positive role model and have a good attitude towards every aspect of school life.
- They are able to recognise other pupils’ achievements throughout the school.
- They have clear and open communication with staff at Alderbrook
- They are always there when required